‘Marvel’s Avengers’ Dev Promises To Fix ‘Hundreds of Issues’ With Next Patch
Marvel’s Avengers has been out for a few weeks now, and while it’s built a strong player base, that hasn’t stopped critics and fans giving the looter-brawler some feedback. Just last Thursday, Crystal Dynamics announced on their War Table Blog that they would be fixing hundreds of small issues that many have with the game. “Our next patch – V1.3.0 – will be our largest yet and will resolve bad states for bugs fixed in 1.2.5, as well as address hundreds of smaller quality of life issues. We are rigorously testing V1.3.0. to ensure it is ready for deployment and will update you when we have a timeline to share!”
For those who missed last week’s 1.2.5 patch, here’s a quick breakdown:
- Resolved an infrequent bug where players are unable to progress with the campaign due to an infinite loading screen.
- This patch does not resolve the fix for those who have already encountered it – bad save states will be resolved in V1.3.0.
- Addressed majority of instances of a partially loaded Helicarrier which resulted in characters infinitely falling out of the world when trying to access the Avengers Initiative.
- There are rare instances where this could happen still, but the patch ensures that loading back into the main menu and then returning to the Avengers Initiative will resolve it. We are still working to eliminate this bug entirely.
- Campaign Mission reward outfits will no longer disappear from Cosmetics Inventory UI. This presented as costumes that were previously unlocked through campaign progress – such as the Stark Tech outfits – reverting to a locked state.
- We prevented this from happening in V1.2.5, but the patch does not return outfits for those who have already encountered it – bad save states will be resolved In V1.3.0.
- [Updated for Clarity] Marketplace and Challenge Card outfits should no longer temporarily appear locked if you lose connectivity while in the game. We are still investigating locked Pattern and Vendor outfits.
- Updated Community Challenge UI that now reflects current community progress.
- Backup Save UI improvements
- Load time optimizations
Marvel’s Avengers is currently available for PS4, Xbox One and PC. A version for both PS5 and Xbox Series X/S will be available later this year.