2017 has been a short but eventful year thus far, and yet another big affair happened today: Nintendo’s third smartphone game came out. Plus, it’s a Thursday, so Nintendo’s usual eShop platforms are graced with an update.
NINTENDO ESHOP RELEASES – FEBRUARY 2, 2017
Bomberman ’94 is a Bomberman game. The nine usual Bomber Family members are present for some explosive fun, as are the ROOI. Tag-matches are a highlight in this installment. Furthermore, the white Bomberman is burdened with reuniting the five corners of his fragmented world in the story mode.
Gradius features seven stages of old school, side-scrolling shooting action. Pilot the iconic Vic Viper spaceship to vanquish Xaerous, the opposing fortress.
Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World brings the Wii U platformer to the 3DS family. In addition to the content in the Wii U version, this re-release adds the ability to play as Yoshi’s loyal companion, Poochy! The tailor-made Poochy Dash stages automatically propel the pup forward. Other embellishments include additional amiibo support. You can return to Craft Island tomorrow. Also, if you’re feeling particularly crafty, perhaps you’d prefer the retail-exclusive amiibo Bundle?
Fire Emblem Heroes is Nintendo’s third contribution to mobile gaming. Bringing another one of Nintendo’s primary IPs to smartphones, Heroes unites many fan-favorite characters from across the franchise. So strategize, socialize, and fight on your iOS or Android device! Fire Emblem Heroes is free-to-play, although in-app purchases are available if you want to splurge.
Here’s everything Nintendo released on the eShop this week:
- I C REDD (RCMADIAX, $1.49)
- Lucentek Beyond (Lucentek, $3.99)
- Star Splash: Shattered Star (Snails Animation, $3.49)
- Bomberman ’94 (Konami, $6.99 – originally for the TurboGrafx16)
- Gradius (Konami, $6.99 – originally for the TurboGrafx16)
- Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World (Nintendo, $39.99 – launches tomorrow, will also be available at retail)
- Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World Bundle (Nintendo, $49.99 – launches tomorrow, exclusively sold at retail)
- Legna Tactica (KEMCO, $9.99)
New Nintendo 3DS
- Lifespeed (Wee Man Studios, $5.99)
Nothing listed above catches your attention? Check out what’s on sale. Midnight Status’s Swap Fire is probably the most interesting title that was discounted today. Otherwise, maybe you’d fancy one of the new My Nintendo rewards?
Will you download anything this week?