CD Projekt Red revealed their new lore book that will launch alongside Cyberpunk 2077 next year. It’s a hardcover master book that contains 200 pages of lore covering Night City. The book is called “The World of Cyberpunk.” According to PC Gamer, the author says they can only share around 10 percent of the world of Night City, saying that the other 90 percent is a mystery, and will remain that way.
The official release of Cyberpunk 2077 is April 16, 2020. We learned that after their E3 conference earlier this summer, and now we have a lore book that is going to be published by Dark Horse Books and CD Projekt Red. The book will be available on April 21, five days after the release of the game. CD Projekt Red might be doing this so we don’t completely spoil ourselves reading through the book, and get a glimpse and focus of the game of its entirety, the way they want us to.
Want to learn more about the gangs, characters, weapons or cybernetics of #Cyberpunk2077? You will find info on that (and many more) in the new lore book from @DarkHorseComics, The World of Cyberpunk 2077.
The book releases on April 21st, 2020, and is now available for pre-order pic.twitter.com/pholEHReCZ
— Cyberpunk 2077 (@CyberpunkGame) July 16, 2019
According to the official Amazon preorder page, it’s described as an “extensive examination of the rich lore of Cyberpunk 2077.” To further dive in, it’s going to detail the history of the world to give us a background of the lore, character descriptions, an extensive map of Night City and more.
According to VG 24/7, the lore book is explained as “an insightful, captivatingly designed, full-color hardcover that transports readers to the futuristic megalopolis of Night City,” containing “everything you need to know about the history, characters, and world.”
More news about the game has came out. Keanu Reeves has already officially been revealed, but he might not be the only A-list celebrity in the game. According to VG 24/7, Lady Gaga may be making an appearance as a character too.
The collector’s edition for Cyberpunk 2077 includes collectibles like a V figurine, an artbook, a steelbook of the game, a game compendium and more. All of it will come in a massive Cyberpunk-themed tote.