Our Third Character In ‘Sonic Forces’ Has Been Revealed: The Custom Hero
We’ve been waiting, but the third hero in SEGA’s Sonic Forces has been unveiled. So, who is joining Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic in the war against Dr. Eggman?
It’s you! …Well, it’s a Custom Hero of your creation!
SONIC FORCES CUSTOM HERO REVEAL TRAILERS
According to SEGA’s press release, you can choose from one of seven classes, each bearing their own special ability:
- Wolf – Automatically draws in rings when near them
- Rabbit – Has longer invincible time after receiving damage
- Cat – Keeps one ring after being hit
- Dog – Restarts with five rings after the player dies
- Bear – Blows away enemies with a homing attack
- Bird – Flies high with double jump abilities
- Hedgehog – Collects rings when getting damaged
There are “hundreds of accessories and outfit options,” so there’s plenty of room to customize your mascot. Personally, I plan to create my precious fan character, CartBoy the Hedgehog! However, I’m expecting the Bird class to be the most effective for speed runs.
Regardless of your preferences, all Custom Heroes will utilize a grappling hook and Wispons – weapons fueled by the innocuous Wisps – in their third of the adventure. Also, like Modern Sonic’s gameplay, the Custom Heroes’ levels will blend 2D and 3D portions together. Furthermore, they will appear in the story, co-starring with the Sonics in cutscenes.
Sonic Forces is still slated for a holiday release for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.